Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Special Day for Eli

I'm sure you will be seeing pictures and a much better post on Emily's blog, but here are just a few from today.
 
The following are some of the people that came to the baptism:


  
Emily gave a very touching spotlight about Elijah


  
A special day and special feelings for a Mom


Evan gave a great talk on Baptism.  He spoke clearly and loud where everyone could hear.  Great job Evan!


  
Eli sang a song "When I am Baptized" and then the baptism took place.  


After the baptism we moved to the Primary room where we saw a special video of Elijah from when he was a baby until now.  After that, some of Eli's cousins sang "The Holy Ghost"


Eli's aunt Edie gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  She had a bag with some special things to help Eli remember all the important things about the Holy Ghost.
 
 Eli was confirmed by his father and given a very touching and special blessing.  
Bishop Gatherum then had Eli's great grandparents bear their testimonies. 


At the conclusion of the meeting, we moved to a different church building and had a wonderful, delicious brunch.  Glen and Emily had the DVD playing, they had pictures on the table for us to look at, pages to write a note to Eli, and cute decorations on the tables.  Everything made it very special and memorable.  


 
 
 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Great post! Maybe I'll just paste and copy it to my blog... seeing how I'm not doing very well at my own updates! :)
I am biased but I think it was one very special day too!!

Thanks for being there- we love you!