Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We love to read and are always reading lots of good books. One series that we read several years ago by Jan Karon is the Mitford series. The first book is "At Home in Mitford." It was fun to get to know the characters. In the books, Esther is known for her orange marmalade cake. I've always wondered what it tasted like -- it sounds so good in the book. Well, tonight our RS Reading group is meeting. We've been reading a couple of books this past couple of months -- "John Adams" and "Fire in the Bones." But, tonight we are also supposed to bring a favorite cookbook and make something from the cookbook to share. I have a cookbook that is kind of fun. It is called "The Book Lovers Cookbook." In it, it has a excerpt from one of the Mitford books that has to do with Esther's cake and it also has the recipe for Esther's Marmalade Cake. So, I decided to try it out. Here is my results:
I'll have to let you know later if it is any good.

2 comments:

Sarah Ida said...

Mom, that looks yummy!! (and really pretty) :)

Emily said...

I agree with Sarah... I love to eat something that looks that SO GOOD! Let us know how it tasted!